Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Coffee lovin' - Zigfrids


It has been on my mind to do a Coffee lovin' series for some time now. The concept being that through my love for coffee I continually find myself on the quest for the best brew. 

Now I am by no means an expert when it comes to coffee, this series will merely be based on my own personal tastes and experiences and will be spaced out over the course of the warmer months. So enough waffling let's get into it!


Location: Zigfrids
Address: 66 Pakington Street, Geelong West VIC 3218
Price per coffee: $3.80 
Coffee Beans: Coffee Surpreme 
Hours: Open 7 days, 8am til late





The first thing that strikes you when you walk in is simply the large size of the building that was once an old mechanic's workshop. 




And the second is the beautiful decor, the perfect mix of industrial styling and rustic warmth. 






There are only a few simple things that I believe factor into a good coffee. The main being temperature. When I want a coffee I would prefer to drink it right away not 30 min after I order it. I also don't want scolding third deg burns when I attempt to sip it.



In saying that, I am going to narrow down these posts to a few categories when comparing the coffee experience.   



Coffee: Great temperature, nice balance between coffee and milk 

Atmosphere: Relaxed and comfortable, family friendly

Service: A bit slow, however there was only one staff member on the floor. Still friendly service.







Well that was my first attempt, I will just try to keep these posts short and simple and just see where this series of Coffee lovin' takes me!

Much love,



No comments:

Post a Comment