Sunday, November 30, 2014

Tried and Tested: Tanya Burr's Oreo Cupcakes


I recently saw this post on Tanya Burr's Blog which I will link here and my sister suggested that I give them a try!

So I thought I would do a post on my first attempt of this recipe so I can give some honest feedback on the cupcakes and if they where a hit or miss.


Ingredients

175g butter
165g caster sugar
3 eggs
40g cocoa powder
125g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pack oreos

For the icing:

2 packets of oreos (I only used one)
100g butter
200g icing sugar


Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line your cupcakes tin with cases. 

Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are fulling mixed in before adding another.



Fold in all of your sifted dry ingredients. Simple as that your cupcake mix is done!




Before spooning in the mix, place one oreo into the bottom of each cupcake case.




Make sure you fill the cases almost to the top, as they will rise a little. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until cooked through.




Once cooked , leave cupcakes aside to cool completely before icing.





To make the icing, cream butter and icing sugar and set aside. Blend the oreos into crumbs using a processor. 




Then add the oreos to the icing mix and combine.  




Once your cupcakes are completely cool you can spoon on your frosting and add half and oreo for decoration.




Now for the feedback. I found that the cupcake recipe was great, but quite a few of the cupcakes sunk in the center after baking, which I personally found very disappointing. However the overall taste of the cake was delicious and I had heaps of positive feedback from everyone that tried it. 

Also I only think you need to use one packet of oreos for the icing as when I was making it I felt that two would be too much. 

Overall I really liked how easy the recipe was, I enjoyed giving them to friends and family to try and loved seeing their reaction when they found the oreo in the bottom of the cupcake. And I would 100% make them again!

Much Love,








No comments:

Post a Comment